We are currently recruiting for the following exciting vacancy:-
Permanent Airside Drivers to work at Heathrow Airport.
The role involves driving LGV vehicles (7.5 tonne to 18 tonne) transporting cargo pallets, containers, bulk freight and courier material to/from Airside/Landside to bonded warehouses. The position will include a large amount of manual handling the role will involve loading and unloading and minimal driving.
You MUST meet the following criteria to apply: -
· 5 Years UK checkable history (employment and/or education and/or unemployment)
· No unspent Criminal Convictions (subject to the rehabilitation of offenders act)
· Full Manual UK/EU Driving Licence (Clean, free of and Drink, Drug and Insurance Convictions)
· Class 2 licence, including a Driver Qualification Card
Key responsibilities, duties and attributes of an Airside Driver: -
· To ensure the daily running of the facility, whilst maintaining high levels of customer service in conjunction with the Transport Management Team.
· Assist warehouse/ramp staff with off-loading/loading of cargo and freight onto vehicles.
· Operate carrier truck to deliver and collect cargo/freight to and from London Heathrow or London Gatwick.
· Ensure vehicle is sealed in accordance with customers requirements.
· Operate mobile and fixed equipment.
· Ability of work to tight deadlines
· Safety driven
· Good communicator written and oral
· Liaise closely with controllers and supervisors in relation to flight arrival/departure times.
· Complete vehicle defect and tachograph records.
Position details: -
· Starting Salary - GBP26,038.20 which will rise to GBP27,323.64 after 6 months and will rise again to GBP28,255.56 after 1 year
· Hours - 37.5 hour working week with overtime available. You will be working a mixture of early and late shifts. Early shift 5am - 2pm and late shift 2pm to 11pm.
· Shifts - You will be required to work a 4 on 2 off shift pattern
If you would like more information on this role please contact the Colnbrook Office on 01753 685 143 or email us at email@example.com