We are currently recruiting for the following exciting vacancy:-
Temporary to Permanent Airside Drivers to work at Heathrow Airport.
The role involves driving LGV vehicles (7.5 tonne to 18 tonne) to and from the aircraft collecting cargo, freight and mail from airside warehouse and cargo sheds. The position involves a large amount loading and unloading and minimal driving (as few as 10 miles per day) so is very physical and involves a lot of manual handling.
You MUST meet the following criteria to apply:-
· 5 Years UK checkable history (employment and/or education and/or unemployment)
· No unspent Criminal Convictions (subject to the rehabilitation of offenders act)
· Full Manual UK/EU Driving Licence (Max 6 points, free of and Drink, Drug and Insurance Convictions)
· Experience of driving 7.5 tonne vehicles or over
Key responsibilities, duties and attributes of a Airside Driver:-
· To collect and deliver cargo to and from airside warehouses and mail sheds.
· Load and offload cargo, freight and mail either manually or mechanically in accordance with respective handling procedures.
· Ensure safety is never compromised.
· Be able to work under pressure.
· Ensure items and equipment is properly maintained and protected.
· Immediately report any damage, fault or irregularity to your line manager.
· Good numeracy and communication skills.
· Participate in team objectives.
· Undertake other reasonable duties, as and when deemed necessary by your manager.
· Starting Salary - GBP11.00 - GBP11.50 per hour whilst temping. Once made permanent the salary is GBP23,895.70 - GBP25,529.19 (including allowances).
· Hours - 37.5 hour working week with overtime available. You will be working a mixture of early and late shifts. Early shift 6am - 3pm and late shift 2pm to 11pm.
· Shifts - You will be required to work a 4 on 2 off shift pattern
If you want more information on this role please contact the aviation team on 01753 685 143 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org