Objective/Purpose of the job
The forwarder is part of the Export department. To provide an excellent customer service experience for customers including clearances, quotes, arranging shipment/deliveries, invoicing and all other functions as required.
Key Activities / Accountabilities
· Completion of end to end forwarding activities as the individual role requires
· Follow strict and time sensitive SOPs/KPIs to ensure compliance
· Work closely with internal and external customers
· Focus on customer service
· Use of Next Gen/MS office as requested
· Ensure invoicing, job costing, CIA, Netting and milestone are updated within the required timeframe
· Month end department compliance
· Customs Entries
· Cost control
· Assist senior forwarders, Supervisor and line manager where required
· Ensure all reports including internal and customer specific are completed within the deadline
· Resolve queries from customers and suppliers
· Ensure Best Practice models are adopted
· Work closely with the Operations manager for Internal and external rates reviews.
· Remain in contact with customers and suppliers to maintain relationships
· To take part in customer reviews when required to build up visibility and relationships with customers.
· Assist sales and management with customer development
· Maintain clean desk policy
· Operate within companies QA system
· Any other tasks as directed by their Supervisor or line manager
Necessary Technical / Functional Skills
· Thorough understanding of customer needs
· Knowledge in of the international transportation and logistics industry, in Export Air Sea Road operations.
· A knowledge and understanding of financials and impact on business
· A Good knowledge of IT systems and processes used in the transport sector
· Fluent in English, local language and any other languages required for smooth operation of business
The hours are 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday but flexibility is required
Salary based on experience
* We are only able to accept applications from candidates with previous experience for this role.
If you do not hear from us your application has been unsuccessful.