Our client is looking for an Export Operations Executive to join their team.
Monday - Friday 08:00 - 16:30 OR 09:00 - 17:50
Main Tasks and Specific Duties:
General Operational Duties
· Day to day airfreight and sea freight work
· Accurate Data input to BoxTop freight forwarding system including: -
· Entering job information
· Booking shipments with air / shipping lines
· Monitor & Update vessel/flight arrival dates
· Monitor & Update Proof of Delivery information to database
· Scan shipment documents to file location
· Update web tracking
· Post flight
· Liaising with Airlines, Shipping Lines, Agents & other parties to ensure information is up to date & correct.
· Arranging collections, deliveries, and releases with hauliers agents & other parties
· Any Cross Trade movements the company undertakes for its clients
· Liaising with agents and customers regarding shipment status
· Answering of phone calls, emails & other communications in a polite & efficient manner
· Pre-Shipment arrangements; progress order, electing appropriate carrier, rate, schedule, consolidation etc.
· Dealing with customer claims and delivery shortages
· Customs Entry preparation leading to data input via the Computerised Systems
Other Administrative Tasks
· Communicating with overseas agents and maintaining a professional relationship
· Accounts queries
· Filing, photocopying, faxing, postage and other general office duties not otherwise specified
· Provide cover for staff holidays, as required
· Collating sales information on customers to be passed onto Sales department.
· Quote existing customers and agents on air and sea consignments.
· Ensure that at the end of the day you leave your working area clean & tidy
· Plus, other duties that may be required from time to time by the company or any member of the group of companies owned by the Directors.
*If you have not heard back from us within 7 working days please assume you have been unsuccessful*