We are working with a local agent based near LHR, who are working exclusive with First Choice Staff and looking to recruit a Commercial Coordinator.
This role is working Monday to Friday 9.00-5.30pm working from home 4 days and 1 day in the office.
Supporting the Sales team with client rate management & arranging quotations. Liaise with overseas origin partners to arrange shipments. Produce internal documents for sales purposes. Working closely with the sales, customer service teams and overseas origin partners.
Key Role Tasks
· Quotations to clients for specific shipments using current tariffs & guidelines in place.
· Quotations to prospects and follow up.
· Deal with rate issue/update to clients through the company systems.
· Quotations to origin partners in accordance with tariffs & guidelines in place.
· Liaison with origin partners to arrange shipment bookings based on Carriers/contracts to comply with client requirements.
· Client shipments/booking authorisations.
· Client communication - providing regular shipment updates, schedule changes, market updates etc
· Production of statistical reports as required
· Production of manual shipment reports as required.
· Communication with clients and internal teams to resolve problems in a timely manner.
· General support for Sales team. BDMs & CSMs
· Client visits on a periodic basis with Sales teams to enhance relationships
· Management of department central mailboxes
Ideally we are looking for someone with previous experience within the freight industry with the above knowledge, however if you have the above experience that can transfer, we would be interested in hearing from you.
Along with the above we need high level of numeracy, literacy and accuracy. IT-literate including Excel, Word, and Outlook. Good communication skills, written and verbal. Understanding of Pricing Structures, deadline - focused and Profit awareness.
· Career opportunities: for the right person to Team Leader/Supervisor