Import Manager Vacancy has become available within this leading forwarder
Monday to Friday: 0900 - 17:30 hours plus business requirements
The London Airfreight Import team handles in the range of 4000 shipments a month for a vast range of customers from all business sectors.
Import Manager will lead a dynamic team that undertakes a range of activities for London Airfreight Station.
· Continuously grow customer service excellence and productivity effectiveness through development and process review.
· Engage and grow all people in area of responsibility through the implementation of Active Leadership.
· Responsible for the retention and growth of Key Accounts within the Region and for identifying key areas of added value to the customer.
· Lead customer reviews; identify hot spots ensuring KPIs and continuous improvement programmes are run in partnership with customers.
· Manage and develop existing customer relationships internally and externally to ensure they are committed and that their business is retained and opportunities for growth are leveraged.
· Manage implementation of all new key accounts to ensure successful for customer and company.
· Lead/participate in presentations to existing and potential customers.
· Participate where appropriate in relevant Industry Forums promoting the company.
· Maximise Gross Profit through Service Selection
· Manage Carriers and Handling Agents to resolve exceptions and discrepancies as they arise
· Maintain DfT compliance
· Contribute to the continuous improvement program
· Manage Weekly Team briefing sessions
· Complete and Manage all statutory and mandatory training
· Manage Carriers / Handling Agents Performance
· Provide the Document Courier with instructions as necessary
· Manage Coastwise/Tran-shipment movements in a timely manner
· Adhere to Customs Compliance procedures and documentation
· Manage ERTS inventory records
· Five or More years leadership experience within the Freight Forwarding Industry.
· Experience and sound acknowledge of HMRC procedures Essential
· Commercial awareness.
· Clear and concise communication skills (written and spoken)
· Processes Management
Please send your CV to email@example.com
* We are only able to accept applications from candidates with previous experience for this role.
If you do not hear from us your application has been unsuccessful.