Small freight forwarder is looking to recruit 2 x Road Freight Import Operators.
The role is to ensure the movement and customs clearance of import freight from the relevant port.
· Mange the movement of freight in to the country in accordance with organisational policy and procedure, and to comply with relevant local, country and international customs law and process.
· Manage the necessary documentation and online forms for the efficient, cost-effective and lawful execution of all import activities.
· Maintain and share with colleagues as appropriate, personal knowledge of all relevant import law and procedures, tariffs and duties, licences and restrictions.
· Communicate with import authorities, customers and suppliers, in all relevant territories and countries as necessary to ensure efficient, positive and lawful relations, support and activities.
· Plan and implement Import strategies and activities consistent with overall aims and requirements of the organisation.
· Liaise with the warehouse and distribution team to ensure the swift movement of freight through our facility.
Working 3 different shifts 4 on 4 off.
6am-6pm or 6pm to 9am and 9am to 6pm
We are looking for a motivated individual who wants a career within Freight, need to have 6-12 months experience within Imports ideally, and would look at a Trainee who is keen for a career in the Freight industry.
Please forward CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
· We are only able to accept applications from candidates with previous experience for the role.
· If you do not hear from us your application has been unsuccessful.