Our client is looking for an Internal Sales Specialist
Purpose of the role
As the Internal Sales Specialist, the key mission is to support the business with its overall growth goals, working collaboratively with Key Account Managers, Sales, Network Partners & Department Managers. Assist with the development and execution of a procurement and pricing policy for the business.
This role is a key role in supporting the long term growth of the business for the Company and helping to develop a first class network of partners for our customers.
If you enjoy working in an open and collaborative environment, with a team that happily go the extra mile then this is the right place for you.
· Assist with pricing activities across the business i.e. formulation quotes, completing and submitting tenders, and providing internal selling rates for sales team (dry and perishable cargo / import export / air-sea-road)
· Undertake the collection of rates monthly and maintain the pricing tool / auto rating in Cargo Wise
· Lead the marketing and the communication of the product offering across the business
· Review and analyse the customer base (past and current) to identify possible sales leads and extension business. Engage in accordance with these leads with the objective of re /securing business or additional volumes
· Support with the evaluation and setting of customer margins
· Identify market trends, potential customer needs, and explore new market opportunities
· Work closely across the business with sales, KAM, and Supply chain operations in support of securing and implementation of extension and or new business
· Commercial SOP ownership and rate maintenance
· Make sure customer tariffs are maintained and SLA are current
· Undertaking any other duties which may be requested
· Previous experience in the freight forwarding industry is a MUST
· Understanding of the bigger picture
· Understanding when to/when not to escalate
· Providing relevant information to enable effective decision making
· Able to react quickly whilst maintaining focus and attention to detail
· Willing to support wider team as needed
· Ability to identify, develop, and implement improved ways of working
· Strong planning, organisation, and prioritising skills
· Excellent stakeholder management skills and the ability to interact effectively with all stakeholders
· Experience with Microsoft Excel, PP & Word and Cargo Wise would be an advantage
· Internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team with a clear vision and strategy
· 21 days holiday a year plus bank holidays
· Fast paced environment with lots of room for creative freedom
the The hours are 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday
ThTThe salary is GBP28K to GBP35K depending on experience
* We are only able to accept applications from candidates with previous experience for this role.
If you do not hear from us your application has been unsuccessful.