Objective/Purpose of the Department
This is a function within the UK BD organization with the mission to:
· Improve and develop integrated solutions offerings that will meet customer needs and requirements
· Gain more business and retain existing business through gathering tender desk activities on a common platform
· Ensure efficiency and build and share added value solutions while improving internal awareness at all levels
· Drive New Opportunites and increase tender management and processes to support opportunites across UK functions.
· Support Pricing strategies in line with NG capabilities and business needs.
Objective/Purpose of the Job
The overall objective is to support the country to gain more business and retain existing business through Managing, steering and developing the national sales support organisation, in line with the regional/national BD strategy and the national business plan, in order to gain new customers and to enhance the existing customer portfolios and therewith contribute to national growth and profitability.
Ensure the department meets all mandatory marketing requirements for country & region including:
- Prepare and produce presentation material - including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Support events, such as the European Book Fairs, including stand supplier management, supporting materials and related correspondence.
- Assist in completing and gathering information required for tenders and presentations.
- Assist with ad hoc projects within the Sales teams, and other projects outside Business Development where applicable.
- Support the line manager & other departments with internal & external communications.
- Manage the re-branding process for the Freight Forwarding business line in cooperation with head office marketing team and project plan.
- Manage marketing activity in computer systems
- Participate in the annual country budget process by creating a marketing budget and plan for the coming year, specifying activities and events.
- Comply with country, region, and global processes to validate and measure spend, ROI, and participation rates related to the budget, campaigns, and events.
- Utilize RHO & DHO resources wherever possible to optimize design, campaign, and knowledge for UK Marketing initiatives.
- Participate in initiatives, projects, and meetings with Regional & Global Marking & Communications teams, representing the Company.
Sales Support & Telesales
Manage teams to ensure quotes, tenders & telesales calls are processed within set deadlines & agreed timeframes of the business. Working with the Business Development team across all commercial aspects of the business including BDMs & Branch Management.
The sales support & telesales team will at a high level, undertake:
Quote all Customer requests from sales & branch teams
Raise quotes and record activity in system
Telesales go to market strategy, ongoing management & development
Sales Lead Generation
Reporting Quote Statistics (success ratio)
Transition new customers into branch operations
Implementation - arrange account, set up GID, & SOP
· System Compliance
· Support compliance to and the development of the UK Tender process to improve efficiency, quality and hit rate
· Manage the support to sales staff on the maintenance of customer relationships, in line with SLA and customer needs, to enhance client portfolio, safeguard sales revenue and ensure customer satisfaction.
· Manage support on the identification of prospects needs, development and presentation of suitable and profitable business propositions and closing of business
· Manage the cold calling of prospects to make appointments for sales staff
· Generate reports on performance of the department, match performance with overall objectives as stated in the annual plan and take corrective actions if necessary
· Report applicable management information to Sales Director
· Manage system usage & KPIs to ensure all sales actions are documented and visible for national, regional and global management.
· Ensure on time submission of professional Tender responses, acting as Tender Team Leader, in close cooperation with Business Development and Operations and the product teams ensuring responses are best in class and inline with company strategy.
· Contribute to the development of the national sales plan and budget and implement and manage realization within sales support department, in order to give direction to the national sales support organization and contribute to the national profitability.
· Analyze national market trends and sales opportunities and incorporate these into the National Sales Plans
Planning and Coordination of UK Tender activities
· Coordinate the process for individual Tenders, from initial request for information to delivery of request for quotation, to ensure correct, timely and value adding responses to customers requests.
Country BD Admin
· Support the Sales Director to ensure all BD regional administration, syetem reports & KPIs are deliveried within agreed timelines.
Special Working Conditions
· UK business travel
· Irregular working hours associated with business travel
Essential Educational and/or Training Qualifications & Certificates
· University degree within logistics/supply chain management or equivalent knowledge gained through experience
Preferred Experience and Knowledge
· Academic working and thinking level
· Experience and knowledge from the Freight Management industry
· High level of knowledge on Microsoft Office Suite with main focus on MS Excel
· Knowledge of Company processes, products and capabilities
· General Project Management experience
· Fluent in the English language
· Analytical Skills and previous experience in developing response strategies
Necessary Technical/Functional Skills
· Project Manager skills
Required Behavioural Competencies
· Ability to work collaboratively in order to build credible relationships both within the business and externally
· Results driven and outcome focussed
· Customer focus - demonstrates commitment of putting the customer at the centre of everything in order to grow the business
· Effective decision maker
· Effective team building skills in line with the Company Values
· Able to demonstrate innovative ideas to maximise operational efficiencies and customer satisfaction
· Excellent business acumen, problem solving and analytical skills
· Commercial awareness - sound understanding of the industry and factors that may impact the industry
· Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders with the view to seek feedback and improvements at all times
· Strong leadership and man management skills - directs, inspires and engages people from all areas of the business to achieve common goals
Salary subject to experience
* We are only able to accept applications from candidates with previous experience for this role.
If you do not hear from us your application has been unsuccessful.