Our client is looking for an Internal Account Manager - Sales
The Account Manager will be responsible for managing, maintaining and growing existing accounts. As part of the role as the Internal Account Manager they will have a designated size of portfolio in which they will have responsibility for managing against designated targets and ensuring maximum customer satisfaction
Key duties and responsibilities:
· Act as a conduit between the customer and all Company departments in order to achieve the maximum customer satisfaction.
· Help to onboard new business by overseeing SOP implementation, monitor and look to develop our service offerings.
· Establishing relationships over the telephone, email, media and in person with decision makers and encouraging more opportunities from existing customers.
· Some external face to face meetings may be required.
· Closing new and existing business over the phone or via email.
· Provide customers with accurate and cost-effective quotations in writing and follow up verbally.
· Ensure all aspects of invoicing, P&L and tariffs are completed correctly.
· Effectively manage accounts to ensure customer satisfaction and delivery of agreed service levels.
· Provide a high level of internal and external customer care.
· To process and manage bookings accurately.
· To deal with any issues that may arise and ensure the client and internal stakeholders are kept fully updated.
· Generate and processes new sales leads as necessary.
· Meet with Internal Sales Manager & other internal stakeholders to ensure KPIs / Quotes are resulted accordingly.
· Provide regular management reports internally and externally.
· Keep our internal systems updated.
Skills and Experiences:
· At least 3 years Freight Forwarding experience, preferably in Air or Ocean.
· Experience of handling multi product tenders & projects desirable.
· Must be commercially astute.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Sound understanding of Freight Forwarding.
· Strong technical forwarding knowledge and customer focus.
· Have a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
· Demonstrate an ability to negotiate and influence others both internally and externally.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage conflicting priorities.
· Flexible and adaptable.
· A self-starter who takes the initiative.
· Positive approach and outlook. The ability to work and communicate effectively with a wide variety of people.
· The ability to manage a changing workload and prioritise accordingly.
· Thrives in a fast moving environment and enjoys new challenges.
· Must have good computer skills especially using Microsoft Office Suite.
Key Performance Indicators:
· Daily / Weekly / Monthly client reporting.
· Quotation conversion.
· Account profitability and overall satisfaction.
· Maintaining key data flows.
· Other to be discussed and agreed.
The hours are 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday
Salary based on experience GBP30K to GBP40K
* We are only able to accept applications from candidates with previous experience for this role.
If you do not hear from us your application has been unsuccessful.