Ocean Freight Manager
Fantastic opportunity for an experienced Ocean Freight Manager to join this well established forwarder
In terms of the package;
Salary: cGBP35K per annum (dependant on candidate, potentially negotiable)
Working hours: 09:00 to 17.30 - Monday to Friday (flexibility required)
Annual leave: 20 days holiday + bank holidays
Pension: Company/Government pension to be offered after 3 months
Would also look at an experienced Ocean Supervisor/Team Leader looking for the next step
Expectations and Responsibilities
· Import customs entries (ideally with sequoia) and procedures
· Export customs entries and procedures (Producing bills of lading, quoting, arranging shipments with hauliers/shipping lines and invoicing)
· Experience in Job costing (managing supplier Invoices) and Invoicing customers / dealing with any invoicing queries (both supplier & Customer invoices)
· Experience in quoting and handling overseas offices & Agents / foreign Currency
· Good shipping line contacts / Checking sea freight schedules etc.
· Experience in negotiating rates with hauliers/shipping lines
· At least 7 -10 years experience in the industry (Import/Export & Cross trade)
· High Quality Customer Service expected / Good Telephone manner
· Previous Staff management experience
· Continuous communications with Senior Management; providing adequate information re the department.
· Should be able to handle all aspects of Ocean Freight operations (good knowledge of regulations and documentation)
· Works hand in hand with other departments to know of any scheduling changes, freight space shortages, and even customer requests.
· Must be Computer Literate
· Individual must have a commercial mind, providing the opportunity to maximise profit
· Basic knowledge of domestic & European road transport a benefit
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
* We are only able to accept applications from candidates with previous experience for this role.
If you do not hear from us your application has been unsuccessful.