Our client is an established transport company based at Heathrow, servicing Freight Forwarders, carrying out urgent sameday/time critical deliveries and collections across the UK.
They are looking for a Trainee Transport Planner to assist their senior planners on the day to day running of the business.
Duties will include
· Liaising with customers, communicating vehicle updates, quotations and pricing, vehicle availability, taking bookings and sending and uploading PODs.
· Liaising with drivers, ensuring they implement customers instructions, answering drivers queries and actioning accordingly.
· Liaising with the accounts team, to assist clearing up any invoice queries.
· Data entry using in house transport management system.
· Data entry utilizing, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
· General administration duties.
Working hours: 09:00 - 17:00, Monday to Friday.
This position would suit someone starting out on their employment journey and has an interest in the logistics / transport sector. Full training will be given on all the above bullet points. Car driver required
Salary GBP22K raising to GBP25K after successful probationary period
* If you do not hear from us your application has been unsuccessful.