Transport Planner Required
Our client is an established transport company based at Heathrow, servicing Freight Forwarders, carrying out urgent sameday/time critical deliveries and collections across the UK.
They are looking for a planner to supplement their dynamic transport team.
· Liaising with customers, communicating vehicle updates, quotations and pricing, vehicle availability, taking bookings and sending and uploading PODs.
· Liaising with drivers, ensuring they implement customers instructions, answering drivers queries and actioning accordingly.
· General administration duties and data entry.
Experience /Skills required.
· Previous experience in the airfreight industry an advantage.
· A good knowledge of UK routes, motorways, towns and citys.
· A good understanding of procedures when delivering/collecting freight at Heathrow cargo. (not essential)
· Computer literacy - (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint etc.) - training given on inhouse software system
Working hours: 07:00 - 15:00 / 11:00 - 19:00 alternate weeks.
We will require a minimum 5 year checkable employment history, plus 2 work related references. You will be required to be diligent, punctual, organized and have good communication skills. Car driver required
Salary is GBP28K rising to GBP30K after successful probation.
* We are only able to accept applications from candidates with previous experience for this role.
If you do not hear from us your application has been unsuccessful.