FLT Driver - LHR
FLT Driver - Heathrow Airport
We are currently recruiting for the following exciting vacancy:-
FLT Driver to work at Heathrow Airport.
Temporary, Temporary to Permanent and Permanent positions available.
The role involves providing a high level of service and accuracy and support, whilst presenting a professional corporate image, ensuring that all company procedures are adhered to, total customer satisfaction and a significant contribution to the team is achieved. Training is provided for this vacancy but a Fork Lift Licence or some previous Fork Lift Experience is a must for this role.
You MUST meet the following criteria to apply:-
· 5 Years UK checkable history (employment and/or education and/or unemployment)
· No unspent Criminal Convictions (subject to the rehabilitation of offenders act)
· Full Manual UK/EU Driving Licence (Max 6 points, free of Drink, Drug and Insurance Convictions) - Preferred
· Previous FLT experience - Essential
· Min 18 years of age
Key responsibilities, duties and attributes of a FLT Driver:-
· Working for a major worldwide Cargo / Ground Handling Organisation.
· Continuous heavy lifting, Building and breaking down cargo and freight, loading and unloading stock.
· Airside driving to transport cargo to the aircraft.
· Using Counter Balance Forklifts
· Working indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions to sort, load and unload cargo from the aircraft.
· Working as a team member in a manual warehouse environment.
· Driving large vehicles airside (training provided) and working with mechanical handling equipment.
· Operate equipment, including forklift trucks, pallet handling systems, waste management machinery etc.
· Daily warehouse duties in the running of the operation.
· Process dangerous goods in line with IATA and AVI regulations.
· Compliance of Regulatory Bodies e.g. HSE, CAA and HMRC/ Border force.
· Check details of release notes against actual cargo.
· Communicate effectively with fellow team members.
· Off-loading/loading cargo from/onto vehicles
· Have a flexible approach to work including flexibility to work a variety of hours and shifts.
· You must have excellent attention to detail along with good standard of numeracy and literacy and be able to communicate fluently (written and oral) in English.
Starting Salary - Permanent salary of GBP20,647 after 6 months will rise to GBP23,095 and GBP23,768 after 12 months.
Overtime will be available
Hours - 37.5 hour week
Shifts - You will be working on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern
If you would like more information on this role please contact the aviation team on 01753 685 143 or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org