Job Title: Large Shovel Driver
The purpose of the back-end shovel driver is to:
· Ensure that SRF shredder discharge conveyor is kept free of material at all times,
· Ensure the SRF product is kept free of contamination at all times,
· The correct SRF product is loaded onto the correct lorry,
· The two types of SRF product are kept separate at all times,
· Ensure all trailers to be loaded are inspected for cleanliness prior to loading and associated paperwork completed in full.
· Ensure all trailers once loaded are inspected and blown down to remove all loose debris prior to dispatch.
Waste Reception Shovel.
· Ensure In-feed materials are constantly and uniformly fed into the 360 Material Handler to ensure a constant and maximum shredder in-feed.
· That large/bulky items, items of a potential damaging nature or unwanted composition are removed from the in-feed waste prior to pushing up to the 360 Material Handler.
· To help maintain a clear tipping hall floor for waste deliveries by heaping up feed stock.
· To keep waste from the rear of discharging lorries at a level to maximise tipping efficiency i.e quick as possible.
· To assist in identifying any problematic waste deliveries with regards to suitability for purpose, composition and nature.
Shovel Driver job duties:
· Complete daily Mobile Plant maintenance check sheets for the Large Shovels in full as directed.
· Ensure the floor is always free from waste & contamination;
· Continual checks of the shovel and bucket for contamination;
· Ensure SRF grades are not mixed and are contained in their respective bays;
· Communicate effectively with the weighbridge operator to ensure correct SRF grades are loaded;
· Check for damage to concrete walls which could contaminate the SRF;
· Always ensure suitable cover is available when taking breaks;
· Ensure all SRF is moved at least twice before loading out to allow the SRF to cool and dry prior to loading;
All plant operatives must leave their machine in a clean and suitable condition for the following shift. This will include:
· Engine/Hydraulic Oils
· Greasing the machine up in full
· Blow out cab of engine filters and radiator
· Blow out and clean cab and any other duties required to maintain plant item
drivers, if certified, will be required to operate the other plant items as and when required. When the plant is not operating, all mobile plant operatives will be required to perform other duties and will be asked to complete other duties.
All mobile plant operators will be required to cover a weekend loading day. This will be on a rota basis utilising all certified mobile plant operatives.
Salary - GBP14ph
**If you have not heard back from us within 7 working days please assume you have been unsuccessful**