Our client is looking for a Food and Beverage Supervisor to join their team.
You will be working closely with the Assistant Food & Beverage Manager to oversee Food & Beverage operations. You will always consider how you can do it better, more efficiently, and how you can deliver even better service for the members.
You will be responsible to ensure the highest levels of service and to maintain standards that have been set in the SOPs for day-to-day activities. You will find innovative ways to maximise sales and revenue, you will have a good knowledge of the menus being served, events that are taking place and all future promotions. Most importantly it will be your role to ensure that all Members and Guests have a memorable experience. You will also cover Duty Manager Shifts on a rotational basis with other Supervisors and Managers.
· Oversee Food and Beverage Events, and other day-to-day operations, within budgeted guidelines and to the highest standards as well as shifts in the Members / Orangery Bar, Ballroom Restaurant or Functions.
· Deliver an exceptional experience to Members in order to preserve excellent levels of internal and external service.
· Identify customer needs and respond proactively to all of their concerns in line with company policy and standard operating procedures.
· Possess extensive knowledge of food & beverage, ability to recall menus and ingredients to inform customers and waiting staff.
· Monitor all Restaurant / Bar sales ensuring members and guests are receiving prompt and accurate service in accordance with club standards.
· Conduct briefings before service to ensure staff are briefed on menu specials or changes, dietary requirements, special occasions etc.
· Ensure on the job training is conducted on a regular basis and in line with the Club standards.
· Ensure all food and drinks being served are in accordance with the standards laid out in the departmental SOP.
· Ensure all the areas within the department are left clean and tidy after service, to the standards set out in the departmental SOP.
· Ensure everyone in the team is working in a clean and safe manner and maintaining high levels of hygiene and cleanliness at all times.
· Ensure that all equipment is handled correctly, and all breakage and incidents are logged and reported.
· Ensure cashing up is done correctly and in accordance with company policy.
· Responsible for ensuring that cleaning rotas are completed on a daily / weekly basis, training records, plans and menus are maintained.
· Cover Duty Manager shifts on a rotational basis.
· Ensure that all of the above duties are completed within our Customer Service values at all times.
· To undertake any other duties at the request of the line manager or Manager which are commensurate with the role.
· Enforce Relevant Legislation (health & safety, hygiene, fire and licensing)
· Previous relevant experience in a similar role held at a supervisory level is desirable but not essential.
· Experience of managing a team, training and overseeing activity and performance is desirable but not essential.
· Good overall knowledge of food and beverage, ability to pair wines with food, upsell wine or cocktails and train others with your knowledge and skills.
· Have good people management skills, including setting personal objectives and providing feedback e.g., probationary reviews.
· Excellent interpersonal skills including influencing and negotiating with the ability to be able to communicate clearly with Members and Colleagues.
· Experience in delivering exceptional customer service and maintaining high standards at all times.
· Competent user of Microsoft office suite & software or technical confidence with similar software.
· Use of a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system such as ESP.
To be able to lead by example
*if you have not heard back from us within 7 working days please assume you have been unsuccessful this time*