Import Operations Manager
Key duties and responsibilities:
· Handle daily operations.
· Invoice jobs daily.
· Handle invoice queries and correct as required.
· Client Liaison and Escalation point for problems.
· Effective and efficient management of the operational team.
· Ensure service levels are maintained.
· Support the team in their daily duties.
· Monitor haulage failure and late deliveries.
· Address failures and analyse root cause.
· Implement corrective actions to avoid repetition of failures.
· Analyse trends on conformance failures to implement change.
· Deal with non-standard issues as they arise.
· Train new staff in all procedures.
· Empower staff and encourage progression.
· Identify and implement new procedures.
· Identify potential sales opportunities and pass same to Sales.
· Support Regional Manager.
· Log and resolve IT/System issues.
· File review and check before final sign off.
· Check and approve suppliers invoices.
· Assist other branches and departments.
· Ample industry knowledge on sea freight operations and documentation.
· Knowledge of Customs procedures and formalities.
· An open approach to change and improvement.
· A pro-active and collaborative approach.
· Good people skills.
· Excellent customer service skills.
Key Performance Indicators
· Customer Satisfaction.
· Staff engagement and commitment.
· On time, in full delivery performance.
· Branch GP.
· Feedback from Sales and Peers.
Dealing mainly with Ocean Imports FCL & LCL
This job description is not exhaustive; it will be subject to periodic review and may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business.
Please only apply if you have freight forwarding experience with ocean imports managerial