Top Global Logistics Organisation are looking for a General Manager of North & South America in their New York office.
The function of the General Manager is to lead the Account Management, Operations and Customer Service functions as well as to assist in acquiring new regional business. To ensure that financial and non-financial objectives are achieved, contributing to the profitability of the Business.
Due to the nature of this role and the managed territories, speaking Spanish is an essential part of this role.
· Ensure maximum effective use of all network resources in order to achieve the greatest growth potential for Commodities throughout the region, including people, assets and infrastructure, enabling the Region to achieve and exceed performance objectives.
· Ensure agreed organisational policies and practices are applied consistently throughout every business process.
· Develop, achieve and maintain outstanding service quality and maintain positive customer relationships.
· Manage the performance and development of customer facing and operations staff, ensuring that agreed development plans are in place to enable individuals to realise their potential and achieve challenging targets through coaching and leadership.
· Manage talent as part of the Business Unit Succession Plan framework, to ensure that talented people are identified and high performing managers and staff have an opportunity to develop their career.
· Create an environment of positive and favourable employee relations where change and business decisions can be introduced constructively and consistently.
· Build networks and influence positive outcomes with relevant decision makers within and external to the organisation.
· Ensure the organisation is visible and recognised in the market for quality of service, expertise and a consultative approach in order to add value to our logistics service and differentiate from the competition.
· To perform other duties as necessary within the scope of the post holders capabilities.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION
· Must speak fluent Spanish
· Senior level business development and operational management experience with a proven track record in a customer facing multi-location operation ideally learned from a global/multi-national environment.
· The post holder will have demonstrable success turning around declining businesses or significant lead responsibility for successful start-up organisations.
· Demonstrated people development, leadership and customer service skills with strong work ethics and business integrity.
· Ability to adapt to complex environments and a willingness to travel.
· Strong relationship management experience.
· Understanding of freight forwarding is highly desirable, but not essential.
· Competent computer literacy