Customs Clearance Coordinator
you will work as part of a team and report to the Customs Manager.
· You will be involved in calculating and processing duties and taxes to be paid and may be required to sign documents under a Power of Attorney on behalf of clients. You will also pay, or arrange for payment of taxes and duties.
· Liaising with Customers.
· You will be entering details onto specialised customs software including CHIEF, CNS, Destin8 and Data Freight.
· Allocating the correct licence depending on type of goods being imported.
· The Customs Clearance Clerk can be involved in attending meetings with Customs Officials in the application of duty refunds and tariff reclassification as appropriate.
· This job also requires you to liaise with officials in various agencies to ensure goods are cleared through customs or quarantine. You will also arrange for transportation, warehousing or product distribution of imported goods.
Must have Customs experience from start to finish to help with Brexit