Freight Forwarder in Kent is looking for a European Import Planner to join their team and manage the planning and forwarding for their key accounts.
· Plan all activity for collections and deliveries across Europe based on customer requirements.
· Plan round trip vehicles. Minimise empty run and check margin.
· Forward the loads to subcontractors when necessary.
· Increase turnover by taking extra work.
· Communicate with other planners/admin to ensure the planning is effective and drivers/subcontractors are informed accordingly.
· Responsible for adding orders to the planning.
· Monitor spot loads from TMS.
· Check traffic sheet to ensure all the loads information have been added correctly
· Responsible for recording any non-conformance
· Take incoming phone calls from customers/suppliers.
· Manage invoice queries
· Manage new customers/new hauliers and send application forms.
· Responsible for entering demurrage/cancellation costs to the job and in TMS if required.
· Responsible to deal with the customer when demurrage/cancellation costs are needed or applicable.
· Maximise and monitor owner driver run and margin.