Import Ocean Freight Customer Care Coordinator x 2
1. To provide service information, quotations, take bookings and champion the needs of the customer.
2. To offer a high standard of customer service to both internal and external customers, by providing accurate and appropriate information and demonstrating a professional, helpful and positive manner.
3. To handle shipments by road and sea forwarding. Protect the company from unpaid accounts by taking due note and following the company policies with regard to credit ratings and outstanding account balances.
4. To receive incoming enquiries and collect all the necessary information, to ensure bookings are correctly and accurately processed.
5. To process shipment information in a timely manner to prevent delays
6. Engage with customers and provide appropriate quotations. Follow up quotations and correspondence with customers using your best endeavours to secure business at all times.
7. To collate all the necessary information to ensure any order progress enquiries from customers are dealt with efficiently and kept informed of the status of the order at all times.
8. To work in conjunction with Sales Executives to develop and secure new business
9. To demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of Customs Regulations/Dangerous Goods/Insurance rules; determine whether goods are subject to any of these special requirements ensure adherence and be capable of providing advice to customers as necessary.
10. To liaise with customs staff when required, providing them with accurate information to ensure goods are quickly cleared for import/export in accordance with the Customers requirements.
11. To undertake any general office duties required, including typing, filing, to contribute to the smooth and efficient running of the department.
12. To alert the Manager/Supervisor of any pending claims and collate information to process any claims promptly and professionally, in accordance with Company procedures.
13. To deal with any communication into and out of the department in a customer focused professional manner.
14. To build and maintain effective business relationships with colleagues throughout the business.
up to 25 days holidays plus bank holidays
Defined Benefit pension scheme
Employee Assistance Programme