Export Shipping Coordinator - North Essex
Assisting with day to day management of departmental Export FCL bookings including documentation, customs entries, releases & deliveries and invoicing.
Interaction with customers, team members and all internal departments including Sales, Transport & Accounts.
· Liaise with customers and other departments during the booking process ensuring all bookings are handled in accordance with agreed procedures and payment terms.
· Assist with placing of bookings with respective shipping line / carrier / agent.
· Liaise with customers to ensure correct documentation is received for shipment and forwarded to the shipping lines as necessary.
· Ensure shipping lines have instruction for bills of lading and UCR references in a timely manner.
· Ensure customer has received copy of draft bill of lading for approval and send approval to shipping line.
· Allocation of incoming payments.
· Ensure the booking has been invoiced correctly by shipping line as per contract rates or other spot rates as appropriate.
· Work closely with our other departments such as Traffic and Accounts to ensure that invoices have been paid before bills of lading are dispatched.
· Import operations (obtaining charges from line, sending endorsed bills and cheques to shipping line, container release requests, liaising with customer and all other areas not listed).