Export Ocean Operator
Specific Functional Competences, Knowledge and Skills Required
· Minimum 3 years experience in Ocean Freight operations within a freight forwarding company, dealing with B/Ls, Consolidations, Customs
· Experience of Ocean freight trade-lanes and markets (Americas/APAC/Europe)
· Operational experience of Ocean planning processes
· Good knowledge of Marine Transport regulations
· Good inter-personal skills (written and verbal)
· Ability to demonstrate analytical and logical thinking.
· Good analytical and numerical skills
· Previous automotive logistics experience a benefit.
· Basic knowledge of domestic & European Road Transport a benefit
Language Skills (Desired)
· European language fluency an advantage: i.e. Spanish, Italian, French, German
· Operational day to day control of Multi customer under a CT environment
· Ensuring transport activities are operated in accordance with internal and customer service requirements
· Adherence of operational margins for modal transport
· Maximisation of container fill for consolidations
· On-time delivery of cargo in line with customer service requirements
· Pricing for spot business as per customer requirements
· Demonstrate an ability to reduce transport cost and improve margins
· Problem solving and corrective actions as appropriate
· Customer service ownership existing customer base
· Work within company standards.
· Formulate cost saving initiatives from freight and consolidation activity, based on supplier/customer agreement.
· Ensure that financial job costing, invoicing and reporting for freight is carried out in accordance with company standards.
· Good knowledge of customs procedures and regimes
Additional perks are 25 days holiday, life insurance, contributory pension scheme.