Airfreight Purchasing Clerk required to join small perishables movement company based in Ashford, Surrey
Successful candidate will have previous purchasing experience within the Freight/Logistics industry and will be required to manage the procurement function within the airfreight department.
Daily duties will be; but not limited to:
· Receive orders from overseas customers by email
· Coordinate the airfreight department purchasing function - collate purchase orders and place on suppliers in accordance with a strict weekly schedule ensuring supplier deadlines are met and that orders are supplied in full
· Build relationships with suppliers
· Create working documents and booking stock in using SAP/Excel
· Maintain stock reports of products and allocate to export customers accordingly
· Check supplier price reviews against current purchase prices
· Resolve issues with delivery/timing with hauliers and suppliers
· Converse with warehouse on stock allocation and rotation
· Taking bookings for inbound deliveries
· Adhoc tasks as requested by manager/supervisor
have excellent written communication, Excel and SAP skills.
Hours are: Monday to Friday 08:30 - 16:30
Salary is between GBP22,000 - GBP26,000 depending on experience
Please send C.Vs directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
* We are only able to accept applications from candidates with previous experience for this role.
If you do not hear from us your application has been unsuccessful.