Salary: up to 27,190 per annum
Location: Great Missenden
Hours: 40 Hours per week 5 working days over 7
Responsible to: Deputy General Manager
As a Hotel Maintenance Manager, your role is to ensure excellent maintenance of the buildings, infrastructure and the overall appearance of our hotel. Your role comprises overall maintenance and upkeep of the hotel buildings infrastructure and exterior. You should conduct routine maintenance of our entire hotel facility.
Main Duties & Responsibilities of the role:
· Look after the maintenance of the hotel building and ensure that it contributes to a better hotel environment
· Using shield Safety make sure all legal maintenance requirements are being met.
· Inspect all the emergency tools on a regular basis and ensure they are working fine
· Train the staff to act in emergency situations as and when they arise
· Spot the areas of improvement and take measures to improve those areas
· Plan the renovations in such a way that it does not affect the hotel operations and does not cause any problems to the guests
· Troubleshoot the issues and act on the complaints on a timely basis
· Designate task to the other members of the team
· Ensure all the technicians and support staff are doing their job properly
· Prepare the necessary reports and ensure that the budget is being followed
· Work in partnership with the University to Project Manage any building works that happens to the property
· Ensure all services & upgrades are performed with the least disruption to operations as per Standard Operating Procedures
· Ensure preventative maintenance is performed where possible
· Maintain a good working stock of equipment according to operational requirements
· Ensure all departmental standards, processes and legislative requirements have been adhered to
· Ensure issues are resolved or repaired timeously minimizing guest disruption
· Ensure compliance with the overall business objectives and growth strategies
· Equipment is well maintained and company property is well cared for
· Ensure monthly budget control as per hotel standards
· People Management
· Resourcing as per operational requirements
· Management of performance and of employee relations
· Training is aligned to organizational goals, succession plans and talent management
· Must be able to communicate in English writing and speaking and other languages are advantages. Good personality and charming is important to be the hotel night porter in the way to represent themselves on behalf of hotel management.
Health and Safety
Report all potential and real hazards immediately.
Be fully conversant with all departmental Fire, and emergency procedures.
Attend all fire, health and safety training
Ensure the safety of the persons and the property of all within the premises by fairly applying Hotel Regulations, by strict adherence to existing laws and reporting any possible hazards and conditions to the Manager.
Have a high awareness of Health and Safety in relation to all tasks and activities undertaken in the department.
Re-use and recycle where possible
Experience / Requirements
· A Mechanical/Electrical qualification or equivalent recognised qualification
· Minimum 10 years experience in a similar environment of which 3 must be at a managerial level
· Valid drivers license
**If you do not hear from us your application has been unsuccessful.**