Oversee and coordinate daily warehouse activities such as receiving and storing goods, managing inventory levels, ensuring the efficient delivery of goods, supervising staff, and securing the warehouse.
To maintain accurate stock levels for logistics, to keep perishable goods safe, ensuring goods are booked in on a timely matter, and orders are fulfilled on time .
Responsible for H&S matters, and keeping staff safe at all time.
Managing a team of around 15 people.
Warehouse Size 50,000 SQF
Mon to Fri 08:30-17:30
· Stand as an example of what the Company aims to achieve and how we expect the products of our paying customers to be looked after and fulfilled (dry and perishable). Promote a good working culture, and positive team building and morale.
· Goods to be stored in presentable way, any spillage, and breakage needs to be rectified as soon as possible and not allowed to be left unattended.
· Ensure that Yard and All areas of the warehouse are kept tidy, safe and perform daily walks and record any issues that need to be rectified
· Head daily briefings with all warehouse and logistics team, in order to brief them on the day ahead, challenges, visitors, ASNs, special requirements by the customer, changes in packing, where the focus needs to be
· Ensure ASNs are booked in within the agreed SLA with the customer and if there are discrepancies, customer needs to be immediately informed.
· Returns to be actioned and monitored
· Monitor logistics order levels and ensure that Logistics Supervisor and Team are aware of any issues, delays and as such enable the communication to flow between us and the customer.
· Ensure that appropriate levels of transport is arranged to collect the processed orders without suffering delay or ensure that an alternative is sought
· Any items that cannot be located are to be searched for and logistics admin. team need to be immediately informed of any such issue so the customer can be informed of a delay
· Join daily meetings for air import / export department to gain over view of the incoming perishable and dry cargo and also ensure that all export goods are booked in and the department has full visibility and access to the goods/information.
Ensure that only customs cleared goods are allowed to leave the warehouse
· Previous experience in the freight forwarding industry is a MUST
· Forklift License.
· Understanding of the bigger picture
· Understanding when to/when not to escalate
· Providing relevant information to enable effective decision making
· Able to react quickly whilst maintaining focus and attention to detail
· Willing to support wider team as needed
· Ability to identify, develop, and implement improved ways of working
· Strong planning, organisation, and prioritising skills
· Excellent stakeholder management skills and the ability to interact effectively with all stakeholders
· Experience with Microsoft Excel, & Word and WMS
* We are only able to accept applications from candidates with previous experience for this role.
If you do not hear from us your application has been unsuccessful.