To effectively manage the warehouse and warehouse team so that all customer services, health and safety, security, quality, and financial objectives are fully met.
The main critical job functions are, and the successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for a team of staff that take care of all the handling needs and stock management of specific account customers.
- Be instrumental in the day-to-day running and cleanliness of the warehouse, managing order volumes, daily workload, and continuous process improvement of the operation.
- Drive shipment handling accuracy, processes, and adherence to strict procedures.
- Be responsible to create and document SOPs/COPs, Work Instructions, etc.
- Manages and audits the shipment processes to identify, correct and prevent any errors on receipt and prior to shipment despatch.
- Complete investigations including CAPAs (Corrective Action Preventative Action) on any process deviations that are identified within strict timescales.
- Be a central point of contact for handling for customers via the specific teams and their customers.
- Be flexible in the approach to work and be prepared to adapt to frequent challenges that arise, ensuring that cost efficiencies are paramount for both the company and the customer.
- Be on stand-by for adhoc requirements to meet customer and business needs.
- On occasions support other areas of the warehouse operation as required.
- Train and develop team members in relevant SOPs/Work Instructions and Audits to the high standard expected for ILS ensuring that IDPs are completed on time.
- Manage team working hours and associate reports for payroll and HR.
- Be responsible for all areas of health and safety and stringent security controls of the area.
The successful applicant will demonstrate:
- A proven track record in a dynamic warehouse environment.
- Excellent organisation skills
- The ability to communicate effectively verbally and in written format.
- Effective people management skills.
- A flexible, open attitude, an ability to lead and motivate the warehouse team.
- Proactive with a high level of self-motivation and determination.
- Attention to detail in particular for all areas of responsibility
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets whilst ensuring that all SOPs are adhered to.
* We are only able to accept applications from candidates with previous experience for this role.
If you do not hear from us your application has been unsuccessful.