Salary: Commensurate with skills and experience.
Reports to: Export Manager
To assist with the day to day operation of the combined Customer Service / Spot rate Department. You will be working as part of a team dealing with customer enquiries. Ensuring the highest level of service is experienced at all times. You will also be involved in communicating with Airlines on a regular basis as well as building and maintaining solid relationships with existing and potential customers.
Main accountabilities include:
· Handling Customer queries / bookings for Export & Import Consignments via e-mail and telephone.
· Receiving & responding to spot rate enquiries via telephone and e-mail.
· Negotiating best possible deals with airlines and overseas partners.
· Building and maintaining solid relationships with existing and potential customers.
· Securing business and maximising profits.
· Working to a high level of accuracy
· Checking with Airlines and partners that shipments have departed as planned.
· Completing various reports e.g. web bookings fail to show or require to be re-booked.
· Call Answering - Ensuring the telephones are answered in a timely and professional manner.
· Emails - ensure any email communication is answered as quickly and politely as possible.
· To assist Export Agents / Spot rate negotiators and Management as and when required.
· Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
· Knowledge of Imports and Exports within the Air Cargo and Express.
· Excellent time management skills to ensure workloads are completed on a daily basis.
· Good telephone manner with previous experience of high call volumes.
· Good Operational & product knowledge desirable.
· Ability to work on own initiative and function within a team.
· Must be proactive & forward thinking.
The hours are 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday
* We are only able to accept applications from candidates with previous experience for this role.
If you do not hear from us your application has been unsuccessful.