GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Ocean Import Coordinator is responsible for liaising between customers, suppliers and transport companies to ensure efficient deliveries. In addition, the Ocean Import Coordinator will have a dual role across the Cross Trade team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Manage all aspects of the import process, including import customs entries;
· Obtain and communicate, internally and externally, all necessary information to ensure correct measures are in place and customer needs are met;
· Liaise between suppliers, forwarders and agents to obtain up to date shipment information;
· Ensure customers are fully informed of the progress of their shipments;
· Provide transport companies with the relevant information to ensure customer delivery requirements are met;
· Taking control of the delivery arrangement process, including working with overseas agents to arrange new bookings;
· Ensure correct documentation is on file and act accordingly as set out in the instructions;
· Maintain all files ensuring they are costed and billed correctly in accordance with procedures provided by management;
· Demonstrate strong knowledge and literacy with Microsoft Excel;
· Demonstrate accurate attention to detail at all times;
· Any other duties as required by management for the smooth and efficient operation of the department.
· Work with the operations team to continually improve processes and business performance;
· Support changes in the role necessary to take the department and business forward; and
· Work to achieve personal objectives set at appraisal and/or those set monthly or quarterly.
Salary between GBP28K and GBP32K depending on experience
The hours are 9am to 5pm but with hybrid working (2 days in, 3 from home)
* We are only able to accept applications from candidates with previous experience for this role.
If you do not hear from us your application has been unsuccessful.