Position Title: Pastry Chef de Partie
Department: Pastry Kitchen
· To lead a section in the pastry kitchen to exceed guest expectations
· Train and develop Demi and Commis chefs with knowledge of patisserie and baking skills
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
· HACCAP - To follow the day to day procedures including; Diligence, food labelling, weekly deep clean of your section
· To run an environment that is clean, tidy and organised at all times.
· Promoting morals that encourages a team to have pride in their working environment to a high level of commitment. · To be able to independently plan the day to day running of your section effectively to meet the service by the department.
· Supervise, train and develop team members to the expected standards set out by the Head Pasty Chef.
· To always strive to maintain and drive the solid consistency of the product being produced within the pastry dept on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
· Have a flexible ability to respond to business and client needs.
· To follow and abide by all regulations, policies and procedures
Health & Safety
· Comply with all statutory and company health and safety, fire, bomb and security regulations
· Ensure job required certificates and Licensing and employment law knowledge is kept up to date
· Ensure other team members are also made aware of these requirements and abide by them
· Along with your main duties you may be asked to complete other tasks and duties as and when necessary and reasonably required
· You may on occasion be required to adjust your hours of work to cover the business needs
QUAIFICATIONS & DESIRABLES
· NVQ Level 2&3
· Hotel or restaurant background
· Good understanding of food, safety, hygiene
· General kitchen and food knowledge
· Good verbal and written English
· Good organisational skills
· Flexible ability to respond to business and client needs
Salary - Up to GBP29k Plus service charge of GBP2.5k to GBP3k on top of annual salaries.
**If you have not heard back from us within 7 working days please assume you have been unsuccessful**