Export Sea freight Clerk
Export Sea freight
· 2 years (minimum) experience within a Sea freight environment
· Experience of calculating costs and charges
· Knowledge of freight terms.
· Chasing of customs clearance document from customers prior to vessel arrival.
· Email Queries to be answered in timely manner.
· Collection of all correct documentation prior to release/delivery of cargo.
· Arrange haulage with shipping lines/hauliers.
· Updating of internal operating systems with all milestones
· Secure any payment cleared funds for COD accounts prior to release/delivery of cargo.
· Secure payment cleared funds for duty/vat invoices prior to release/delivery of cargo.
· Processing supplier invoices in a timely manner
· Resolving any customer query or complaint or escalate
· File closing cost and sales to be completed in timely manner.
· Filing and archiving of job files once complete
· Understand and utilise One World as the main operating system.
· Always protect the interests of the business and escalate any areas of concern to your Supervisors and Managers.
Daily Routines and Responsibilities
· Customs clearance documents to be chased every two days and notes to be updated on files. All telephone conversations must be confirmed via email.
· Collection of House Bill of Lading or Telex Release prior to delivery/release of cargo.
· Customer credit terms to be checked prior to delivery/release and company policy adhered to.
· Email queries to be answered same day as receipt, if further information required a holding message must be sent as acknowledgment.
· File closing cost/sales invoices to be generated within same week of delivery.
· Sales invoices and back up documentation to be sent within same week of delivery.
· Closed shipment files to be archived within 10 working days of delivery date.
· Ensuring all customer requests and requirements are completed as per the structured SOP.
· Cargo movement and storage is completed using the most cost effective method to the company.
· Long stay containers on quay more than 7 days after vessel arrival/or longer than the agreed free time to be brought to attention of supervisor/manager.
· To assist colleagues, and always work as part of a team.
· Company procedures are followed at all times.