We have an opportunity for a Pricing Specialist to join our growing Ocean Pricing team. Reporting into our Regional Ocean Operations Manager, this core role will focus on providing support to both our internal Organisation Network and our UK Customers on commercial matters, primarily related to the pricing and procurement of Ocean related services.
· Provide quotations to sales staff, clients, branches and the extended Company Network, on an export and import & Cross trade basis.
· To ensure those quotations are commercially aware, with very best pricing delivered for very best opportunities.
· Handle pricing enquiries from Sales, Branch, Customer and or Network partner. Responding within set timelines using our system.
· Where required procure buy rates to enable shipment and provide operations with routing, carrier information and contract details
· Follow up quotation with customer with aim to secure business.
· To ensure our rates remain competitive in the market. To meet with the manager/team regularly to review progress and update objectives.
· Manage and share responsibilities on pricing Inbox.
· Assist RFQ team/sales team with Ocean Product pricing on larger RFQs. Update Our company buying tool with rates when updates are available.
· A collaborative, innovative and commercially driven individual with strong stakeholder engagement skills, with demonstrable pricing experience already working at a similar level to this role, who can really strengthen our Commercial offering.
· You will have both demonstrable pricing and or operational experience within Ocean Freight.
· Experience within inside sales from a liner or freight forwarding background would be an advantage