Business Development Manager
We are looking to recruit a Sales and BDM to assist us in our growth plans for
The Role will be based in Essex
Responsible for sales management, lead generation, securing new business and growing the existing customer base through our extensive range of freight services.
Strong commercials skills and business acumen are necessary as is the ability to identify and maximise opportunity in order to achieve targets.
We are looking for a committed, innovative and energetic approach and the successful candidate will play a key role in our UK sales structure. There is excellent opportunity to grow and progress with the company.
· Building and maintaining Customer network
· New Customer development
· Trade lane development
· Customer Visits
· Following up on and generation of Sales Leads
· Working alongside UK Branch Managers, Sales Managers, IKAMs and RDMs
· Presenting weekly, monthly and quarterly performance reports to UK Commercial Manager A&O
· On boarding Customers with Operations and Branch Managers as required.
· Compiling Customer visit reports and updating information on CRM System
· Attending UK National Sales meetings
· Ability to manage own work diary, organizing appointments.
Skills and Experience (e.g. proficient in Microsoft Office, 1-2 years relevant experience etc):
· Minimum 5 years experience in a business development role ( At least 3 years in Freight Forwarding)
· CRM knowledge,
· Ability to work on own, managing diary, setting up appointments.
· Experienced in compiling Sales Reports and Targets alongside commentaries to support.