We are looking for a Import & Export Clerk to ensure compliance with standard operating procedures for export & Import Operations Mainly dealing with Turkish/North Africa Markets.
· To assist in the smooth running of "Cargoplus"(Non Groupage) export operations in response to customer requests and network standards in a cost effective and efficient manner, maximising profit whilst not compromising quality and service.
· To ensure that each transportation is well recorded concerning our duties (Customs, CMR, EUR, EAD
) and that requested booking are made to our partners according to the shipment.
· To check that all administration information are right to take well into account the transportation value for customers and for internal back billing (verify loading metres, forwarding charges, cubic measurement) by the EDI.
Chasing previous week export/ Import trailers if all arrived on time to destination
· Check for valid VAT / EORI numbers for each shipment
· Create transport documents (Consignment notes, CMR, ATR, BL, EUR1, etc.)
Liaison with other departments such as customer service, bookings and warehouse as well as overseas offices, hauliers, drivers and clearance agents
· Make sure all collections arrive in Dartford timely manner
· Make crossing booking (ferry, Eurotunnel)
Who are you?
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
· 2 years experience in a European and International road operations
· Geographical knowledge
· Resilience to working in pressurised environment
· Previous experience in international road freight environment
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
· Transport legislation knowledge
· Customs knowledge import and export
What we offer:
· Competitive salary
· Working hours: 0900 - 1800 hrs Monday to Friday
· 27 days' holiday, plus bank holidays
· Group personal pension scheme
· High street discount platform