Customs Entry - Shipping Coordinator -
Preparation and execution of essential shipping paperwork for both Export & Imports Input Export & Import customs entries to ASM Sequoia Requesting internal resources required to carry out each job to meet strict deadlines Liaise with departments across the business to ensure jobs run smoothly Making and taking of supplier calls and negotiation of shipping rates devising Co-ordinators of flight options and rates In addition to the above, there may be a need for additional support within other our group departments in times of high workload and to help solve problems. You may also be called upon to work out-of-hours and at weekends. Training will be provided both on the job and relevant external training is supported.
At least 3 years experience in a similar role within the shipping industry / Freight Forwarding Knowledge of airfreight and customs processes A methodical approach, with a high attention to detail Excellent computer literacy Well-developed numerical and analytical skills Able to work well under pressure and manage time effectively Excellent communication and customer service skills both internally and externally Experience with ASM Sequoia or similar customs system Advantageous Confident in using the CHIEF system A background in freight forwarding Knowledge of aviation security Experience booking sea freight or airfreight with external suppliers
Benefits include annual leave starting at 23 days and increasing with length of service, pension scheme, season ticket loan, cycle scheme, life assurance, health insurance to cover long term illnesses.
Must have Customs Entry experience from start to finish.
Fine Arts Exhibitions Estimator/Logistics Coordinator
We have an opening for an Estimator in our Exhibitions Forward Planning team. Working within a team of estimators, and liaising with the rest of the Exhibitions department, this is an excellent opportunity for someone with strong Logistical, analytical, numerical and communication skills.
Predominantly you will ensure that UK tenders for major clients are completed timely and correctly additionally international estimates will be completed to organise and co-ordinate the transportation and installation of Fine Art in the UK and internationally. The Exhibitions Department works predominantly on behalf of the major museums and galleries worldwide.
You will have excellent customer-facing skills, an aptitude for problem-solving, and be willing to work as part of a team. IT skills, a methodical approach, and attention to detail are essential.
Previous administrative experience and knowledge of logistics and the art industry would be a key advantage.Knowledge of some if not all, road air & sea freight knowledge is required for this role.
Salary GBP30k plus dependent on experience, 23 days annual leave, increasing at 2, 5, 10 years by 1 day. Pension contributions matched to 4%, life assurance, permanent health insurance, cyclescheme, season ticket loans.
The position of Chief Accountant reports to the Finance Director and other members of the Board.
The UK based Group currently has 8 reporting units in 5 countries (UK, USA, Slovenia, South Africa and Indonesia) with 4 different management information / accounting systems being used by UV staff and 3 systems being provided by outsourced firms of accountants.
Founded in 1961 The Group manufactures, produces and trades wood veneer products on a worldwide basis with a representation either by direct employee or agent in most countries.
An experienced and commercially aware accountant to assist the Finance Director in managing all aspects of the financial and commercial operations of the Group.
The role will be involved in:
Accounts preparation and accounting procedures
1. Preparation of periodic and annual UK financial statements.
2. Reviewing / preparing non UK periodic and annual financial statements.
3. Ensuring that the finance team correctly record all transactions in the various accounting systems.
4. Managing and reconciling intercompany transactions including transfer pricing and cash flow.
5. Assimilating, reviewing and modifying the various accounting and information systems to provide more timely management information.
6. Review costing systems to introduce a standard costing system.
7. The position will be required to know the procedures of, and be able to deputise for, all members of the finance team responsible for sales and purchase ledgers, cash books, stock control and invoicing.
Tax compliance and other reporting
1. Preparation and submission of VAT returns
2. Preparation and submission of PAYE and national insurance returns
3. Other UK periodic reporting
4. Other overseas periodic reporting
Risk management and credit control
1. Monitoring customer credit limits and checking exposure for shipment release
2. Credit control function on a relationship basis.
1. Export sales invoicing and preparing / obtaining relevant shipping documents including Bills of Lading, Phytosanitary certificates, Certificates of Origin, Packing Lists and others as specified.
2. Progressing shipments to ensure all risk exposures have been minimised - have goods been shipped on time, have customers complied with credit requirements, have documents been sent to customers to enable goods to be released without demurrage?
3. Reviewing distribution service and related cost for UK and other distribution units.
4. Establishing / monitoring relationships with national and international freight forwarders
1. Preparation of documents to present under a letter of credit
2. Currency exposure management
3. International banking payment procedures-SWIFT / IBAN numbers
The successful candidate
In addition to a recognised accounting qualification and excellent IT skills the successful candidate is likely to have gained significant and relevant experience in a multinational group that can be refined to achieve the above requirements in a dynamic export focussed group.Must have online commercial experience.
Salary will be dependent on experience and will not be an issue for the right candidate.
Our client a wood trading company, looking to recruit, an accountant to deal with shipping trade Accounts. Must have knowledge of International Trade. Would suit just qualified. Multi National, dealing with Exchange rates all over the world. dealing with 4 Accounting systems all over the world.
Must have Excellent business communications, negotiations and presentation skills with ability to
influence at all levels. Proven people management skills to drive and lead a
remote team to achieve better results. Controlling various aspects of Procurement,
Distribution & Supply Chain Logistics Operations.
A challenging opportunity has arisen for an experienced multi modal forwarder to join the Fairs and Events team based in London.
Experience in airfreight and ocean freight a must with a minimum of 2 years freight forwarding experience.
o Co-ordination of International/European division work in relation to various exhibitions, events, product launches and global tours worldwide.
o On-site representation at exhibitions globally
o The provision of excellent Customer Service
o Accounts housekeeping including quotations and invoicing.
o Budget management and cost control.
Experience and job requirements:
o Multi modal freight forwarding experience.
o Excellent communication, interpersonal and IT skills
o Self-motivated with the ability to work unsupervised
o Ability to work well as part of a busy team
o Clean driving licence
o Flexible approach to working hours and the ability to work away from home for periods of up to 3 weeks at a time, often at short notice.