Ocean Import Operator
The successful candidate will have:
· - Minimum 2 years' experience ocean freight operations in a UK freight forwarder.
· - Absolute confidence to run jobs from start to finish.
· - Knowledge of customs clearance procedures.
· - The ability to successfully negotiate freight rates.
· - Excellent computer literacy with the ability to pick up new systems quickly.
· - A can do, pro-active work ethic.
· - Knowledge of basic warehouse procedures.
Day to day duties will include:
· - Import operations
· - Liaising with customers and agents
- Co-ordinate Operations (mainly from far east and India)
· - Preparing customs entries
· - Booking deliveries, arranging releases
· - Chasing the status of new bookings
· - Ensuring all shipments are profitable
· - Looking for opportunities