Our client is looking for an Assistant Events Operations Manager to join their 5-star Hotel.
To assist in managing the smooth running of the Events Operations Department under the direction of the Events and In-Room Dining Manager whilst following the companys standards and procedures.
Create and maintain a team environment and motivate and train the team to achieve the required standards and therefore meeting and exceeding the guests expectations.
Lead and coach your team to provide service excellence across the 240 acres of parkland. Provide luxury food and beverage service to all our guests, whether they are dining in their room, part of a social or corporate event or enjoying a picnic on property.
· Check that the event spaces are set as per the corresponding function sheet and clients instructions.
· Coordinates the set-up of meeting rooms to ensure that they are maintained to Show-round standard when not in use.
· Takes overall responsibility for guest & staff satisfaction, by assisting the In-Room Dining and Event Operations Manager in directing events operations.
· Seeks opportunities to improve the guest experience by seeking feedback, evaluating service levels, and developing strategies to improve areas of concern.
· Ensure that the department is well organised and the required administration is carried out accurately and timely.
· Conducts daily pre-shift meetings to allocate tasks to the team, discuss event detail and or special requests whilst ensuring efficient staffing levels for the needs of the business.
· Attend weekly function meetings and daily hotel briefings in the absence of In-Room Dining and Event Operations Manager
· Ensures that all storage areas, still rooms and bar areas are cleaned and inspected on a regular basis.
· Guarantee that the highest standard of service and product is delivered to our guests at all times and reviewed regularly.
· Manage department stock and ordering process while controlling operating costs, payroll and departmental expenses against the P&L.
· Log any guest information accurately, using our guest information platforms.
· Be responsible of back of house and preparations areas to ensure overall cleanliness and organisation at all times through regular monitoring.
· Ensure that all billing and cashiering are conducted as per the required standards.
· Aim to achieve guest and team engagement targets in line with our scorecard.
· Ensure that your department achieve financial targets whilst maintaining a cost conscious approach.
· Promotes a cross-disciplined culture, which encourages employees to build strong working relations across all teams, and to respect different roles and responsibilities.
· Manage and deliver an effective training and development system for the team to ensure that they meet the required standards and develop in their roles.
**IF YOU HAVE NOT HEARD BACK FROM US WITHIN 7 WORKING DAYS, PLEASE ASSUME YOU HAVE BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL**