· To assist the Head Pastry Chef run the bakery ensuring a high consistent level of production.
· In turn enabling other employees to consistently achieve a product and service to high levels and standards.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
· To follow the day to day procedures including; Diligence, food labelling, weekly deep clean of your section
· To run an environment that is clean, tidy and organise
· To be able to plan the day to day running of all the sections from the flour room effectively to meet the service by the department
· Assist with training and supervision of other team members
· Carry out quality checks on stock, produce and dishes on a daily basis
· Have a flexible ability to respond to business and client needs
· To be able to independently plan the day to day running of your section effectively to meet the service by the department.
· Supervise, train and develop team members to the expected standards set out by the Head Pasty Chef.
· To always strive to maintain and drive the solid consistency of the product being produced within the pastry department on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
· To follow and abide by all regulations, policies and procedures that has been set out
· Health and Safety
· Comply with all statutory and company health & Safety, fire, bomb and security regulations
· Ensure job required certificates and licensing is kept up to date
· Ensure other team members are also made aware of these requirements and abide by them
· Along with your main duties you may be asked to complete other tasks and duties as and when necessary and reasonably required
· You may on occasion be required to adjust your hours of work to cover the business needs
QUAIFICATIONS & DESIRABLES
· NVQ Level 2&3
· Hotel or restaurant background
· Good understanding of food, safety, hygiene
· General kitchen and food knowledge
· Good verbal and written English
· Good organisational skills
· Flexible ability to respond to business and client needs
**If you have not heard back from us within 7 working days please assume you have been unsuccessful**